1. Ways to Create Instagram Account
You can create the account using your computer, phone or tablet.
- You can visit their website and then select "sign up" on the right-hand side of the page.
- On your cell phone, you can download Instagram from the App Store or Google Play for free and sign up from there.
2. Instagram Account Creation
Instagram app for Android and iPhone:
- Download the Instagram app from the App Store or Google Play.
- As per Instagram, "Tap Sign up with email or phone number (Android) or Create a new account (iPhone), enter your email address or phone number (requires a verification code), and tap Next . You can also tap Sign in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account."
- If you use your email address or phone number to register, create a username and password, fill out the profile details, then tap Next.
Instagram.com on the computer or mobile browser:
- Go to instagram.com.
- Click Register , enter your email address, create a username and password or click Sign in with Facebook to register with your Facebook account. You can change the username later.
Instagram treats mobile apps (phones or tablets) as the primary application. The web version on the other hand allows few viewing and editing functions only such as,
- Post viewing
- Uploading IGTV
- Direct messaging
- Editing profile
But you cannot post any content apart from IGTV using the Instagram website. You won't be able to see Instagram Stories or Reels either. There are third-party tools that can allow you to post content through their websites but Stories or Reels can only be posted through the mobile app.
Hence the mobile app is a must to make full use of Instagram.
Once you install the app and create the account, there is a world waiting to be explored.