1. Linking Facebook & Instagram
You can choose to link your Instagram account with Facebook via two methods, both methods provide you with different capabilities.
Linking an Instagram account to Facebook profile
If you link your Instagram account to your Facebook profile, you may post photos from Instagram to Facebook right away. Keep in mind that only iOS and Android users of the Instagram app can connect their accounts.
How to link your Instagram account to a Facebook profile:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Press your profile photo icon at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Press your account name at the top right corner.
- Select the account you’d like to switch to.
- Press the top-right three horizontal lines.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on Account.
- Now, tap Sharing to Other Apps.
- Then, tap on Facebook.
- Enter your Facebook login information.
- Finish Setup
When you connect accounts, you'll be able to publish a post on Facebook at the same time as you add captions. You'll be provided with options to post to other accounts and platforms.
You can also link Twitter and Tumblr accounts.
Use the same process as lining an account to unlink an account, you'll be provided with options to do so.
Adding an Instagram Account From Your Facebook Page
Before you begin
- To connect to a Facebook Page, you'll need to convert to an Instagram professional account (if the Facebook Page is managed in Business Manager).
- During the linking process, if you have a personal account, you will be prompted to convert it to a business account.
- You must be the administration of the Facebook Page to link it.
Add an Instagram account
- Open your Facebook Page.
- Select Settings from the left menu.
- Select Instagram.
- Select Connect Account.
- Turn on "Allow access to Instagram messages in Inbox" and then click Continue.
- Continue with the rest of the setup process
To remove an Instagram account, follow the same process as above until step 3 and then scroll down to select Disconnect.
2. Benefits of Linking
Connect your Instagram company account to your Facebook page for more features, such as simple sharing of posts and photos between your Page and Instagram.
You may also initiate Instagram ads through your Page and link third-party applications. You may also manage comments and IG Direct messages from the Page Inbox.
Other benefits but not limited to below is available to you as well.
- Create Instagram advertisements via Facebook
- In the Facebook Page inbox, users may read and respond to Instagram comments and direct messages.
- Site administrators, editors, and moderators can access and manage customer Instagram contact information in the “Contacts” tab on Facebook.
- Post from a Facebook page on Instagram.
- Using the Instagram account can share Instagram posts on a Facebook page.
- Add stories to Page through Instagram.
- Synchronize company contact information (such as an email address, phone number, and business address) between Facebook and Instagram.
- Add a button on Instagram to book appointments on Facebook.
If you wish to link your Instagram account to your Facebook profile, you must first transform your personal account into a business one and become an administrator of this page on Facebook, provided that your Facebook page is run in Business Manager.
It is advised to connect Facebook Page to your Instagram account to unlock business features and better customer or follower management.